Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Pet Wolf

So I got a new blanket.  Jared has dubbed it my wolf.  I have to say I agree with him.  To back track a little, Jared's parents decided to give us money for Christmas this year, with each of the adults having one present to open on Christmas it self.  They gave us the money on Thanksgiving, figuring that with all the sales coming up this month we could maybe stretch the money a bit and get more, knowing that most of the adult kids were looking to get new electronic stuff.  Now me, I'm not an electronics gal.  Don't get me wrong, I love my tv, and I love my computer, but I don't have to have the newest and best constantly.  But there was this one thing that was stuck in my mind....  I had seen it at Pottery Barn the week before, and it had been lurking in the back of my mind ever since, but I knew I would never be able to afford it on my own.  Thanks to my early Christmas present, I knew I could!!  And even better, my wonderful father-in-law found me a 20% coupon that I could use to help even more!  So I now own a faux fur throw and seriously, it feels like a mink coat!  It is so soft and warm and cuddly, I love it!!!  Now, as to why it is my wolf... I didn't go for plain white (bad idea with kids in the house)  nor did I go for the charcoal black.  I got the throw that has black, white, gray and brown in it, so it resembles a wolfs fur coat.  It is the best blanket ever!  It gets pretty cold during the night up here compared to Long Beach, so I have been enjoying snuggling under it as the temperature has dipped into the low 40's the last couple nights.  You can see my wonderful blanket here  Mine is the color pattern on top.  I love my wolf!!


1 comment:

tara @ kidz said...

Just stopping by through Daily Scoop and I'm glad I did! I'm lovin that blanket.... it looks so soft!