Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thank You Mickey!!

We had a fun birthday trip to Disneyland.  Because we are anual passholders, Caleb didn't need the free admission into the park, so instead, passholders can get a "Birthday Fun Card."  We had so much fun, it is a gift card that was worth $59 (the value of a child's admission into the park).  The crowds were pretty small that day, so Caleb got to pick out his favorite rides and do a lot of shopping!  Our first stop was City Hall, so Caleb could get his birthday button, and while we were there, Goofy called and sang Happy Birthday to him!  Caleb couldn't quite believe it, it was so cute. Normally I just let the kids wave at the characters as we walk past, because I refuse to stand in a huge line to see them, but the lines were super short today, like only 2 or 3 groups of people at each character!  So we saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, and Goofy, all in about 15 minutes right in front of the theatre where they do the annual passes.  We saved our shopping for the very end, and there was one thing Caleb has wanted to do for awhile, but I've always said no.  Well, yesterday was his, so he got to go and build his very own lightsaber.  Of course, that meant mommy got to build it while he supervised which parts he wanted.  We went through and looked at some more toys, let me tell you, I thought we'd use that gift card up fast, but it took forever!  We were all shopped out by the time the lastof the money was spent, but Caleb was one happy boy looking at all his bags.  It was a great birthday, and thanks to Disneyland, it cost me practically nothing!!   
PS Sorry, I can never upload my pictures in order for some reason.




Uh oh!  Goofy stole Caleb's button from him!






Waiting to go on the rockets

Caleb's loot.  A baby Mickey, an Indiana Jones Mickey, two Disney Racers (Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie) and his new lightsaber.

Here he is showing it all off.  The lightsaber is clear, and when you turn it on, it glows red.

In the Star Wars store, waiting to pay for his lightsaber (I said they were out of order)

I tried to get a cute picture of the two of them in toon town in one of the cars, but out of six pictures, these were the best two.  They do not like to look at the camera at the same time,




3 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

That looks like such it was a blast. I signed us up for the free birthday after your post.

Tawny said...

Looks like it was a great day. I'm so glad it was a fun day for Caleb!

Presley family said...

OH FUN! I just can't wait!!! It looks like he had a blast getting just what HE wanted!!! BIG HUGS! Let us know when you are down again.... Hey Sunday I will be in Ontario... not just driving through but in it! wink!