Friday, March 20, 2009

Wash the Poopies

So the other night, we notice an unmistakable odor coming from Isabelle.  We have tried potty training, but it just hasn't clicked with the girl yet.  So she is in a poopy diaper, and Jared tells her, "Why don't you go poopy in the bathroom.  Then you could wash yourself!"  Well, I am cleaning up the kitchen at this point, and a couple minutes later I realize, wait, she never had her diaper changed, and she has disappeared.  In our house, this is always cause for worry, because it was silent.  If you have kids, you know, silence is NOT golden.  It is bad, very bad.  So I go on the hunt.  As I enter the hallway, I hear water running.  Needless to say I run the last few steps to the bathroom and there is my funny, goofy little girl, bare butt and all, with her poopy diaper sitting in the sink.  She had turned the water on, and was Washing her POOPY DIAPER!!! SO like a good mom, I ran grabbed my camera and told her to smile!  I thought it was funny, and she was so proud of herself for doing what Daddy had asked.  What would I do without my goofy Belle?

2 comments:

Tawny said...

That is a classic! What a cute girl. Maybe you can get her to clean some other things instead of her diaper.

Skylar said...

reading that made my night!