Thursday, August 7, 2008

Already??

Well, we took Belle in for her 2 year check up today (I know, I'm two months behind, sorry). Poor think became a human pincushion today. I really love our pediatrician cause she is very thorough in everything. Part of that though turns into extra needles sometimes though. Belle got one vaccination in her leg, they pricked her thumb and squeezed out a couple of drops of blood to check for anemia, and then the kicker. Poor girl thought she was all done, but we then walked to the lab where she had to get blood drawn from the crook of her elbow to monitor her lead levels. Her readings have always been normal, but my pediatrician likes to watch them, because of all the toy recalls and such. Out of the 4 pediatricians my children have gone to, she is the only one to ever check this. The good news about Belle's checkup? She gained weight!! That's right, she now weighs a whopping 27.5 lbs! I know, sarcasm. But hey, it's up from 26 last time, right? She is my long skinny girl. While we were there, I asked the doctor to look at one of Caleb's moles. It is a big one on his lower right leg, and he has had it since birth. Lately I have noticed it is starting to get darker, almost black in the center. I come from a family where lots of moles have had to be removed, so this is not entirely unexpected, but already??? He is only 4!! Oh well. He gets to go have it biopsied next week, which will be an adventure I'm sure. I'm making Jared take off work so he gets to share in the excitement!! I'm thinking I'm going to let him experience holding a child down for needles, I had enough of that today with Belle!

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Good luck! I also can't believe your little girls is already 2!

Lindsay said...

Poor Caleb!! Good luck with the appt!